Welcome to my little place on the web

Just a few musings by me which maybe you will enjoy

Monday 26 March 2012

A little bit of stitching

After being frustrated with not being able to transfer a stitchery onto linen, no matter what medium I chose, I took myself to the LPS and asked them for some Saral paper that folk artists use to transfer design onto their wood pieces, and it worked.  Unfortunately I got white paper, and the design was lost, traced over it with permanent marker and voila, I got to do some stitching.  This is a band for a pin cushion from the book Some Kind of Wonderful.  I have 2 more kits to make the stitching bag and the lovely bag in it.  Now I am happy, was frustrated that I had brought these kits and wouldn't be able to use them.


Another sad week in the household, with the Boys Grandmother passing on Thursday morning, the funeral will be this Wednesday, so kind reader, send some positive thoughts to my two big boys, I will of course attend as this lady was part of my life for the past 38 years, I might have divorced her son, but I always encouraged his parents to see the boys while they were growing up as often as they liked, we always invited them to their birthday parties, and school events.  But then our situation I guess is a little strange, as we would all go to parent teacher nights, Mum, Dad, Step Mum and Step Dad, new teachers got confused as to who was who, but whatever was needed to work, and I think we ended up with two pretty good boys.


Well that's enough from me.


Happy stitching


Pam xx

3 comments:

  1. Pam I am so very sorry to read about your loss.....my thoughts are with you all, please take care......linen is not easy to trace onto....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss....I have a little tip for the tracing....I used dress makers carbon paper in the dark colour and it worked really well....Happy Stitching....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Pam...thinking of you all at this sad time..
    just wondering is saral like a carbon paper...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I enjoy reading your thoughts on my projects and I wish you a wonderful day