Welcome to my little place on the web

Just a few musings by me which maybe you will enjoy

Monday 10 September 2012

MIA

Been a bit preoccupied the last few weeks, changing jobs, moving offices and geting  a new business and office ready for opening which was last Tuesday, so please forgive my tardiness.  With all the joy of flyboy's engagement we are now anticipating the engagement party on Oct 6.  They tell me the wedding will be in Feb 2014 which will be here before you know it.

Yesterday saw Mel and I off to the city for the day to the Sydney Cruise Expo, to see what was on offer, the day was just beautiful, spring is well and truly here, and the harbour was just magnificent.   We have our holiday booked and paid for for December, and we have also got one booked for next December, leaving for New Years which is our 10th wedding anniversary.



I have been sewing a little, finishing off this and that.  I participated in the Once a Season Swap for Spring and my partner was Shez, I knew exactly what to do for her, as I knew she had a 12" mini stand.  So I got my trusty Gail Pan pattern out and made sure it would fit her stand.  I had to pinch these pics from over at Shez's blog cause mine didnt come out and I didnt realise until after I'd sent her parcel onto her.


I loved the way it looked when finished, I have traced one out for me and I'm in the process of making mine.  The pattern has a lovely table runner with it so I think I will make that as well.

We have a busy few weeks coming up, this Sunday I am sewing at Penrith Patchwork with Jan-Maree and the Aussie Hero Quilt girls, bom's for quilts to go to Afghanistan, coming into winter, they will need them for a little more warmth and some comfort from home.  The week after I have a baby shower for my niece, for her first baby, the week after is the long weekend, we are off to see the family in Adelaide, then comes the engagement party and then finally I'm off to Retreat in Katoomba with The Stitching Post and Gail Pan, Lisa Cantlay and Carol Roberts, can hardly wait and contain my excitement.  Have been waiting for this for nearly 12 months.  I have alot of projects in the works, hopefully I will get some finished to show you. 

Anyway I think that's enough from me

Happy stitching

Pam xx

6 comments:

  1. you have been very busy Pam.Thankyou again for my lovely parcel ,i love it all,the stitchery is on my stand now and it looks gorgeous.xx

    Pam have you thought about turning your word verification off,it is very hard to read the words,everyone is sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy busy..........lovely stitchery.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitchery is so cute. And it has been a beautiful spring day today, what a good day to read about Spring stitching! A table runner with this pattern would be so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry had to correct my spelling :-) the stitcheries are gorgeous, they've inspired me to put the knitting needles down and go back to stitching, I haven't done any for so long - thank you -Jen.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I enjoy reading your thoughts on my projects and I wish you a wonderful day