Welcome to my little place on the web

Just a few musings by me which maybe you will enjoy

Monday 18 June 2012

Sydney Quilt Show & Blogversary

Busy weekend in our house, between the quilt show and Supernova, the household was buzzing with excitement.  Most of last week saw #1 son's girlfriend finishing off her costume for Sunday Amazonian version of Wonder Woman.  She made everything, corset, gloves, bustle, panties, gauntlets, tiara and the list goes on.  Don't have pictures yet, but will put one up when I get one.  She is one very clever girl, who is in her last year at uni doing a double degree in paramedic and nursing.  So nerd central at our house :)

Had a lovely day Saturday at the Quilt Show with the bff and quilting buddy Rhonda.  We had a great day, and the longest one I think we have ever had.  We did a class with Marg Lowe, something we have never done before, and something I think we will be doing from here on.  We seemed to hover around Anni's stand, just love her stuff.  Will go up and visit her shop one day, pretty sad when you think of it #1 son is at university in Bathurst so there really is no excuse not to visit with Anni. Made a few visits to Natalie from the Birdhouse, same with her things.  Next year I am going on the Friday, don't want to miss another blog meeting and maybe I will stay overnight and go again on Saturday.  

In this class we met a few people who may be familiar to some of your, Chookyblue, Peg (Happy In Quilting), Peg's friend Dale and Kerry from Cottage on the Hill in Nundle.  We also met up with Cheryll (Gone Stitchin') and a couple of other ladies for coffee after the class which was also great fun.  Got myself a little table top stand, and plan on doing some swaps with Cheryll and her mini quilts.




While we were chatting I mentioned to Peg that my blogversary had come and gone without me noticing, so I am mentioning it now :) only a month late.  I have made 87 posts including this one, and have 32 followers which I thank each and everyone of you for.  I have had great fun during the last 12 months, and have found some wonderful online friends, and been inspired to the moon and back.


Also this weekend I have had two finishes.  Now in case you haven't notice I am having a love affair with Gail Pan's patterns, and that seems to be most of what I am sewing.  And now unveiling 2 more ...... ta da.......





I took the backpack with me on Saturday to the show, was lovely to carry and very roomy.


My off sider at work is on her last week of holidays this week, and due back either Monday or Tuesday of next week, cant believe 6 weeks have flown by.  Now for the busy time of the year, with End of Financial Year looming, glad I had alot of sewing traced, at least I can keep calm while all the kaos is happening around me :)


Well that's enough from me.


Happy stitching


Pam xx



8 comments:

  1. Love your 2 finishes. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Quilt show. Hugs - Fee XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely time you had and so wonderful meeting all these people,lovely bags also Pam,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found the little table top stand. I noticed your backpack while we were having afternoon tea ... it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. was lovely to meet you and Rhonda at the show.........the workshop was lots of fun........lovely bag finishes...........happy blog birthday.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, the Gail Pan creations are gorgeous, & what a great way to show off the backpack by taking it to the show! Glad to see you had a great time... Happy Blog-versary to you... & to think i found you by way of looking at images of the Isabella's Weekend Away bag! Well Done Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the backpack, I can see all of you girls had a great time. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Thankfullga447.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I Missed the chance to meet up with more bloggers at the show...Peg had rung me but I had already left for the day when this photo was taken...
    I'm sure there will be other opportunities..
    Lovely Bags
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry I missed you at the fair! What a shame Pam!
    Its a wonder I didnt see you... I was hovering over Anni's stand alot too lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I enjoy reading your thoughts on my projects and I wish you a wonderful day